Friday 7 January 2011

Rhodesian Photos: Selukwe Main Street

Nick Baalbergen Writes:-

I thought the attached photos may be of interest to you.

The original photo is a rather faded black & white shot which was included in an old album I obtained some time ago. The photo annotation in the album simply states 'Selukwe - Main Street'. Many of the photos in the album date from about 1912, so I have added 'circa 1912' as a best guess date.

I digitally restored the photo and experimented with the addition of colour - the second photo.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Thanks to Nick Baalbergen for sharing his memories with ORAFs

Comments and correspondence can be sent to Eddy Norris on orafas11@gmail.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6 May 2016 at 00:30 , Blogger BloggerMeLive said...

Excellent post. Would I need permission to include this pic in a post I am doing? Great find, & would happily include a link to this page or whatever citation, if any, might be required? Kind regards

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home